IACTE New Teacher Academy
The New Teacher Academy is being held in conjunction with the IACTE Conference. This academy will have a separate strand of sessions, but will participate in all IACTE Conference general sessions, meal functions and networking. ISBE will pay the registration fee for 50 1st and 2nd year teachers to attend this workshop. Travel expenses are not covered.
- Technology for Teachers
- Instructional Strategies
- Inquiry-Based Learning
- Lab/Learning Environment Management
- Integration of Core Academic Standards CTE
- Teacher Time Management (So you can have a personal life)
- Teacher Evaluation and Professional Learning Plans
- Improving Your Curriculum Planning/Development
- Classroom and Behavior Management Funding Your Program
- IEPs/504 and the CTE Classroom and Laboratory
- Care and Feeding of the Career and Tech Ed Student Organization
- What is Perkins V and how do I develop the required programs of study?
- Developing and Working with your Advisory Committee
- Curriculum Work
Conference Hotel Information: IACTE has secured a special conference rate at the Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in Normal, Illinois, of $130 for Single/Double. To book, call 888-236-2427, or use this link, Book your group rate for IACTE Conference Feb 2020. The deadline to book at this rate is January 22, 2020. Rooms do sell our prior to the cutoff date.
Additional rooms are available at The Hyatt Place Bloomington Normal, which is just across the street, at the rate of $130. To reserve a room, call (888) 492-8847, or go online to hyatt.com and use the code G-IACT.