The IACTE Awards Program was presented at the Awards Dinner on Thursday, February 14, 2019, at the IACTE Annual Conference. At that time, the recipients of the awards were honored.
The following individual awards were presented:
- Administrator of the Year – Frank LaMantia
- Carl Perkins Community Service – Anne Emery
- New Teacher of the Year – Liz Harris
- Lifetime Achievement – Susan Timm
- Teacher of the Year – Brittney Bauer
- Career Guidance - Angie Koontz
- Postsecondary Teacher of the Year - Bob Clark
- Teacher Educator of the Year - Chris Merrill
These award recipients have the opportunity to have their names moved forward to the Region level. The Region winners will be announced at the Region III Conference in Lisle, IL, June 12 -14, 2019. The applications of those eligible recipients have been entered into the new ACTE Awards Portal.
The following IACTE Impact Awards were presented:
CTE Champion - Dr. Jennifer Kesall
CTE Business Partnership - QCC Corporation & the Tooling & Manufacturing Association (TMA)
The Awards Portal is a stand-alone website where applications can be submitted directly online. This new portal simplifies the application process for members, as well as facilitates a better transition between State, Region and National award levels and reduces the hours spent collecting applications. The Awards Portal is an accessible and manageable tool that offers the following benefits: a common destination for applications, a consistent process and ease of communication. It is our hope that making this process simpler will make it easier to recognize excellence among our members. Please consider nominating individuals that you believe are deserving of the IACTE Member Awards!
The vision, mission and goals of IACTE cannot be met without the work, cooperation and dedication of each of its affiliates. The IACTE Affiliate Professionalism Award recognizes those affiliates whose achievements promote the mission of IACTE. Affiliates are eligible to receive this award each year. Those affiliates presented with these awards were as follows:
- Gold Level - ICTA
- Silver Level - IHOA and IFACSTA
- Bronze Level - IAVAT
- Largest Affiliate - IAVAT
- Largest Increase in IACTE Members -IFACSTA
- Greatest Percentage Increase in IACTE Members - IFACSTA
- - Tammi Conn and Chris Kendall, IACTE Awards Co-Chairs