IACTE/ACTE Media Tour October 2022
IACTE/ACTE Media Tour October 2022 Press Release
O'Fallon High School, The CAVE, Belleville West Campus, Carbondale High School, Southeastern Illinois College, Mt. Vernon Township High School, Salem High School, Alton High School and Collinsville Area Career Center.
Illinois ACTE, National ACTE to Conduct Tour of Southern Illinois CTE Programs
ALEXANDRIA, VA – The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) has announced a joint media tour in Illinois with the Illinois Association for Career and Technical Education (Illinois ACTE). The two associations will visit nine career and technical education (CTE) programs between Monday, October 3 and Thursday, October 6.
The current program schedule is below, and includes stops at innovative CTE programs at the secondary and postsecondary level. All times are CST.
Members of the media, state legislators and local policymakers are invited to attend. This program tour will give attendees the chance to learn more about CTE programming at the secondary and postsecondary level. It will underscore the important role CTE plays in preparing Illinois students for careers of their choice in the 21st century workforce, as well as in supporting the needs of businesses and industries across Illinois.
- 8:15 - 10:30 a.m. - O'Fallon High School, 600 South Smiley St., O'Fallon, IL 62269 | Programs: Digital Marketing & Social Media, Information Technology, Business & Finance, Computer Programming/Cybersecurity, Broadcast/Video Production, Early Childhood, Drafting & Engineering, and Welding
- 11:00 a.m. - CAVE (Center for Academic and Vocational Excellence (Belleville District #201), 7645 Magna Dr., Ste. 1, Belleville, IL 62223 | Programs: Culinary, Welding, Machining, Construction, Automotive
- 2:00 p.m. - Belleville West Campus, 4063 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville, IL 62223
- 8:25 - 11:25 a.m. - Carbondale High School, 1301 E. Walnut St.,
- Carbondale, IL 62901 | Programs: Tech for Success, Electrical Trades, CAN, Multimedia, Exterior Carpentry, Culinary, Cooperative Education, Intro to Education
- 1:30 p.m. - Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Rd., Harrisburg, IL 62946 | Programs: Outdoor Wildlife management, Powersports Maintenance, High School CTE Academy (diesel and welding certifications)
- 8:30 a.m. - Mt. Vernon Twp. High School, 11101 Wells Bypass, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864 | Programs: Auto, Manufacturing, Fire Science, Construction, Ag, Engineering, CNA, BioMed, Childcare, Culinary Arts
- 1:00 p.m. - Salem High School, 1200 N. Broadway Ave., Salem, IL 62881 | Programs: Agriculture, Automotive Mechanics, Business, Construction Trades, Family and Consumer Sciences, Health Occupations, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing
- Alton High School, 4200 Humbert Rd., Alton, IL 62002 | Programs: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources, Architecture and Engineering, Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Graphic Design, Automotive Technology, Business, Management and Administration, Computer Networking and Programming, Construction, Culinary, Textiles, Early Childhood Education, Welding
- Collinsville Area Career Center, 2201 S. Morrison Ave., Collinsville, IL 62234 | Programs: Automotive Technology, Autobody Repair, Construction, Culinary Arts, Criminal Justice, Cybersecurity, Early Childhood Education, Engineering, Industrial Electronics, Health Science, CNA, Machining, Welding
To accommodate our invited guests, RSVPs are required. To confirm your attendance at any of the tour stops, please email Jori Houck at firstname.lastname@example.org.###
The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) is the nation’s largest not-for-profit association committed to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for successful careers. ACTE represents the community of CTE professionals, including educators, administrators, researchers, school counselors, guidance and career development professionals and others at all levels of education. ACTE is committed to excellence in providing advocacy, public awareness and access to resources, professional development and leadership opportunities.
Learn more about presenting your story, working with journalists, and getting your CTE news reported.