IACTE Strategic Plan through 2023
Vision: To provide unified, visionary leadership to advance and promote learning in career and technical education.
Themes: Professional Development, Legislation, Membership, Communication, Business Partnerships
- Provide Support and Leadership to IACTE Affiliates
- Allow time during IACTE Board Meetings for Affiliate Best Practices Roundtable
- Create a new IACTE Board Report Form to line up with the IACTE Strategic Plan. Have a section for affiliates to submit Strategic Plan items that they would like assistance with.
- Offer affiliate leaders Best Practice Roundtable at IACTE Conference
- Provide affiliates with professional development Mini Grants
- Create Association Leaders through Professional Development
- Continue to expand the New & Nearly New CTE Teacher Workshop.
- Train and assign mentor to New & Nearly New Teacher Workshop attendees
- Provide follow-up sessions for New & Nearly New instructors during the IACTE Conference.
- Continue to provide leadership sessions at affiliate conferences. When possible, present at other professional development conferences. (Connections, ACTE, ACTE Region III).
- Provide travel stipends for two - four members to participate in ACTE leadership training.
- Each affiliate identifies two new leaders and IACTE encourages them to participate in ACTE Leadership Training and volunteer for IACTE Committees, New Teacher Mentors, etc.
- Explore professional development opportunities for student teachers
- Provide Professional Development through the Annual Conference
- Continue the IACTE Annual Conference.
- Create Member Awareness of Legislative Calendars
- Notify members of important items before the Illinois General Assembly and Congress. Utilize information from the legislative consultant and ACTE.
- Become a Pro-Active Organization in Addressing CTE Legislation
- Inform members of committee hearings and legislative sessions.
- Provide members with fact sheets/policy briefs and position statements on issues relevant to CTE.
- Coordinate testifying activities with IACTE Legislative Committee and members.
- Utilize ACTE templates to facilitate initial work.
- Encourage members to utilize the ACTE Call to Action Center.
- Encourage members to attend NPS.
- Promote new legislation as needed
- Be the Voice for Career and Technical Education
- Maintain link on IACTE website to IL Gen Assembly site for legislator search and info on bills.
- Maintain a link to the IL Board of Elections site.
- Maintain a link to the ACTE Call to Action Center.
- Continue to provide training to members on communicating with policymakers
- Provide testimony on issues
- Inform members on how to link to and utilize ACTE legislative advocacy resources for templates and protocols for communicating with policymakers on legislation impacting CTE.
- Continue to provide a session on advocacy at the annual IACTE conference and at affiliate conferences as requested.
- Provide a workshop for IACTE leaders on how to effectively communicate with legislators.
- Goal #1 - Increase Membership All Categories of Membership
- Contact ACTE Members to encourage IACTE Membership
- Work with EFE's, ACC's, ISBE, and ICCB to get contact information for CTE instructors or have them disseminate the information.
- Work with ILCTE to encourage IACTE Membership.
- Contact ICTSO's advisor about joining IACTE.
- Waive IACTE Membership fee for 1st year teachers that attend an IACTE event during their first year, if they pay their affiliate dues.
- Purchase a CTE list through ACTE
- Update Marketing Materials
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to attract new members
- Identify Postsecondary CTE Teacher
- Increase Associate - Organization Memberships
- Goal #2 - Increase Member Recognition
- Encourage members to nominate CTE professionals for IACTE Awards
- Goal #1 - Promote CTE through the Media
- Promote CTE by sponsoring an IACTE/ACTE Media Tour every two years
- Encourage affiliates to highlight exemplary programs throughout the State. IACTE to include this information in the IACTE Progress, the list serve, the website, and/or social media.
- Provide Media resources on the IACTE website
- Provide a link to the ACTE Media resources webpage.
- Offer a Working with the Media session during the IACTE Conference.
- Expand use of social media.
Goal #2 - Promote Image/Branding
- Encourage affiliates to use the current IACTE and their Affiliate logo for branding purposes and upload on their website.
- Ensure all affiliates have the appropriate .png or .jpeg files.
- Update pictures on IACTE home page, rotating pictures.
- Goal #1 - Explore Business/Industry Association Partnerships
- Identify Business/Industry Associations.
- Purchase Advisory Committee book from ACTE for IACTE board.
- Provide training on the book from ACTE on building advisory committees
- Invite Business/Industry Association members to attend and present at IACTE conference or Affiliate conference.
- Define the mutual benefit from the partnership between Business/Industry Associations and IACTE.