IACTE New CTE Teacher Academy
The IACTE New CTE Teacher Academy is being held in conjunction with the Virtual IACTE Conference and is a partnership with ISBE.This academy will have a separate strand of sessions, but will participate in all IACTE Conference general sessions. A grant from ISBE will pay the registration fee for 50 1st and 2nd year teachers to attend this workshop.
- Technology for Teachers
- Instructional Strategies
- Inquiry-Based Learning
- Lab/Learning Environment Management
- Integration of Core Academic Standards CTE
- Teacher Time Management
- Teacher Evaluation and Professional Learning Plans
- Improving Your Curriculum Planning/Development
- Classroom and Behavior Management Funding Your Program
- IEPs/504 and the CTE Classroom and Laboratory
- Care and Feeding of the Career and Tech Ed Student Organization
- What is Perkins V and how do I develop the required programs of study?
- Developing and Working with your Advisory Committee
- Curriculum Work
- Social Emotional Learning
The 91st Annual IACTE Conference will be a virtual conference on February 18 – 19, 2021. 60+ breakout sessions will be offered. Rachael Mann, an "edufurist" will speak during the general sessions and will also present four breakout sessions. SREB will be presenting six breakout sessions. Many other sessions that pertain to all educators will be offered along with subject matter specific sessions. A total of 11 professional development units can be earned.
Affiliate and individual awards will be given during the general sessions.
There will be a prize wheel and prizes will be awarded throughout the virtual conference.
Upon registration you will be mailed a gift. You will also receive a gift after attendance at the conference